Now, that you have found some cookie cutters, it’s time to get to baking. This post is for those who could use a little encouragement with the baking part.
Here are some easy tips you can use to make the perfect cookies:
- - Start with all ingredients at room temperature.
- - You can roll your dough from 1/8 to 3/4 inch thick. It depends on the recipe and your personal preference.
- - If you want your cookies to keep their shape choose a recipe with little or no baking soda or baking powder. Also you can chill the dough after you cut out the shapes and placed them on the cookie sheet and put them to the oven from the refrigerator.
- - Most cookie dough is best if it stays in the refrigerator for a while (depending on recipe). Chilling your dough is especially important for the dough not sticking if you are using a special cutter that leaves an imprint or a cookie stamp.
- - When you have the choice of using a metric recipe, use it. The amount of flour you put in a cup can vary between 100 and 200g and it can make a big difference. (1 cup = 125g)
Of course, you also need some yummy, tested recipes to work with. Below are some great sources where you can find useful tips and beautiful designs along with the recipes: