Autumn isn't really autumn until there's a pumpkin-spice version of everything; from lattes to cereal to cookies. Follow along as CookieCutterKingdom shows us how to make these tasty pumpkin spice sugar cookies!
What you'll need:
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1 egg, well beaten
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking power
- 2 tablespoons pumpkin spice powder
1. In a stand mixer, combine butter and sugar until smooth and creamy. Add egg, milk, and vanilla, and cream together.
2. In a separate bowl, blend flour, salt, baking powder, and pumpkin spice powder. Add the mixture to the stand mixer; mix on low speed until dough just comes together. Refrigerate for 15 minutes.
3. Preheat the oven to 375º F and line a pan with parchment paper. Lightly flour surface and roll dough to 1/8 inch thick. Cut into shapes and transfer to lined pan, leaving at least an inch of space between cookies.
4. Bake for 6-8 minutes, checking frequently. As soon as edges are pale gold, remove from oven, then transfer immediately to a cooling rack. Freeze or store, covered, at room temperature.